Blake Michael, star of Disney Channel's hit series Dog with A Blog, is also a DJ, a health foodie, and a big fan of greens, especially raw kale. This is one of his favorite salads with a mix of fresh greens balanced by mandarin oranges, cranberries, almonds and sunflower seeds.
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 4 leaves kale, stems removed, leave thinly sliced
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 4 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
- 4 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon dried or fresh ginger
Toss the greens together and divide between separate plates. Top off each plate with the water chestnuts, mandarin oranges, sunflower seeds, cranberries and slivered almonds. Put avocado, sesame oil, soy sauce, lime juice, orange juice, garlic and ginger in a blender or food processor and purée until smooth. Pour dressing over the salads and enjoy with chopsticks.